We’ve got some fantastic guest cellists joining us for our upcoming concerts! Learn more about them here and we hope to see you in San Francisco, Oelwein, Muncie, or Ukiah!
QSF heads off to China for real…soon…come out and see us!
Dailan Nov 21 (Dailan Developing Zone Theater)
Yingkou Nov 23 (Yingkou Art Center)
Jinan Nov 26 (Jinanlishan Theater)
Beijing Nov 27 (Donggong Theater)
Beijing Nov 28th (National Grand Theater)
Baoding Nov 29 (Baoding Zhili Grand Theater)
Nanchang Dec 1 (Jiangxi Center)
Xuzhou Dec 2 (Xuzhou Musical Hall)
Zhengzhou Dec 3 (Zhengzhou Musical Hall)
Liuzhou Dec 5 (Liuzhou Grand Theater)
Here we go, folks! If you are in South Korea, here is where you can see or hear us play!
Hwaseong Art Hall (Gyeonggi-do) on October 26th.
Daegu Hyundai Department Store (Daegu) on October 29th.
TBS Studio (Seoul) is having us in the studio for a radio interview at 3:00.
And our final concert is at ULSAN KBS Hall (Ulsan) on November 4th.
We are looking forward to seeing our friends, fellow string players, and fans in wonderful South Korea!
Thank you, Strings Magazine! Read the full article here.
Congratulations to our violist, Chad Kaltinger, and his wife, Cathy Brewer, on the February 13, 2014 birth of their second son, Desmond. And a special congrats to his big brother, Milo, too!
Congratulations to Gordon Goodwin and Vince Mendoza who both received Grammy nominations for works premiered on our new CD! Nominations were announced on Friday, November 6, and we were pleased that Pacific Premieres: New Works by California Composers got some nominee bling in the Best Instrumental Composition category. The Grammy Awards will be announced on January 26, 2014.
Here you go … it’ll be a nail-biter …
Category 60: Best Instrumental Composition (a composer’s award for an original composition first released during the eligibility year)
1. BOUND AWAY, Chuck Owen, composer (Chuck Owen & The Jazz Surge), track from “River Runs: A Concerto for Jazz Guitar, Saxophone & Orchestra” [Mama Records]
2. CALIFORNIA PICTURES FOR STRING QUARTET, Gordon Goodwin, composer (Quartet San Francisco), track from Pacific Premieres: New Works by California Composers [Violinjazz Recordings]
3. KOKO ON THE BOULEVARD, Scott Healy, composer (Scott Healy Ensemble), track from “Hudson City Suite” [Hudson City Records]
4. PENSAMIENTOS FOR SOLO ALTO SAXOPHONE AND CHAMBER ORCHESTRA, Clare Fischer, composer (The Clare Fischer Orchestra) [Clavo Records]
5. STRING QUARTET NO. 1: FUNKY DIVERSIONS IN THREE PARTS, Vince Mendoza, composer (Quartet San Francisco), track from Pacific Premieres: New Works by California Composers [Violinjazz Recordings]
We could use your support so if you like what we’re doing please buy our CD! If you prefer to purchase a download click here.